Penalties for Possession of Speed, Adderall, Ritalin And Other Amphetamines In Louisiana
You may be wondering about the penalties for possession of speed, Adderall, Ritalin, or any other amphetamine in Louisiana. On this page, we will explain everything you need to know on the subject and what you need to do if you’re facing criminal charges. In addition to this, we will go over some of the penalties you may face if charged with possession of amphetamines in Louisiana.
What Is An Amphetamine
Amphetamines are drugs which may be prescribed for conditions such as ADD and ADHD in addition to being drugs that are manufactured and abused. Amphetamines are stimulants which work directly on the central nervous system fo the human body.
Illegal amphetamines are used without a prescription or produced to create a stimulant affect on the body. They are very dangerous when abused and can lead to psychotic states similar mental health conditions and can provoke violence.
Being Charged With Possession Drugs Such As Adderall Or Methamphetamine In LA Is Serious
You may find that you are charged with possession of amphetamines if you do not have a prescription and are found with Adderall, Desoxyn, Dexedrine, Dynavel, Eveko, Vyvanse, Pro Centra, and Zenzedi. These are just a few prescriptions that are on the controlled substance list. There are more drugs on this list. These drugs cause effects for those who misuse them. This misuse could lead to injury or even death. Taking the time to know the penalties of possessing amphetamines in Louisiana is important. Hiring the very best of the best in criminal defense attorneys is a must if you are charged with drug possession of any type. This will ensure that you will have the chance at a positive and fruitful (drug-free) future. Without hiring a criminal law firm you will face very serious charges.
What Are The Effects of Amphetamines
You will notice a few things if you take amphetamines without a prescription. You can expect to experience a few side effects from the list. If you are taking your amphetamine as prescribed, you should not have to worry about these effects.
- You may also notice your heart rate start to rise and your blood pressure as well. This can cause you to become energetic. You will not know when to stop.
- Another thing you will notice when abusing amphetamines is an increased sense of confidence and intense joy or euphoria. This will lead you to do many things that you may not do under the influence of the drug.
- You may also experience severe anxiety and trouble sleeping. These may also lead you to have a lack of appetite as well.
You will find that most of the amphetamines that are seized are illegally made and sold. You can expect MDMA and methamphetamine. However, all the other drugs on the list above will be considered amphetamines. All these drugs can allow you to be charged with the possession of amphetamines.
All About Amphetamines
This drug has many names that it uses on the street. You may find it under the name speed or black beauties. Some people even call it bennies. When someone uses these medications or purchases them from someone, it can cause many symptoms. People who abuse these drugs can experience any of the following:
- Your body temperature rises extremely high. This means that your body will go into hyperthermia.
- A person abusing amphetamines will likely have seizures after prolonged use. A person could experience a seizure if they are withdrawing from the drug as well.
- You will find that because your heart rate and blood pressure are so high, you will likely have a heart attack. Your heartbeat could turn irregular after prolonged use.
- Lastly, a person who abuses amphetamines are more likely to have a stroke than those who do not. This is due to the numerous issues with blood pressure and heart.
Louisiana will take a tough stance on amphetamines. A lawyer can help you if you are facing drug possession so you should seriously consider hiring one.
They are very strict with their drug laws. Possession of small amounts of drugs could get you in big trouble. Drug possessions can be either a felony or a misdemeanor. It all depends on the following factors:
- How much illegal amphetamine do you have?
- What is your prior drug record is.
- If the drugs in possession were intended to sell.
- If they are Schedule I drugs. These drugs are easy to abuse.
You need to keep in mind that you can be charged even if you do not have the drug on you. This means that if a bag is found that contains amphetamines and is now empty, you could be charged. All paraphernalia charged will be a misdemeanor. You will face felony charges if you have the drug on you.
Being Charged With Possession
If you are pulled over and have something in your vehicle, be proper. You want to ensure that you are not trapping yourself. You want to be honest with the officer and give him the documentation he needs. Call your lawyer if they ask you other questions, especially about amphetamines. You do not want to speak to the officer further until your lawyer is present.
Wrapping Up: Possession Of Amphetamines Louisiana Penalties
Taking the time to know about amphetamines is important. it would be best if you never carried any prescription amphetamines around with you. People abuse these drugs all the time. Call a defense lawyer if you are found with these drugs in your possession. This will be the best option for you. You need someone to defend you. You always want to make sure that you are telling the truth.
We hope that the information in this article has helped you. You should now know more about the penalties for possession of amphetamines in Louisiana and we wish you luck.