Criminal Attorneys & DWI Lawyers in Covington, New Orleans, and Shreveport
Creation of Methamphetamine Lab and Manufacturing Meth are serious felony charges in New Orleans, Louisiana. They carry a sentencing range of 5-15 years in prison. Barkemeyer Law Firm is highly experienced in handling these charges and other similar charges surrounding meth. See below for excerpts to relevant Louisiana statutes.
Creation of Methamphetamine Lab Defense Lawyer in New Orleans, Louisiana
To create a Methamphetamine Lab and also manufacture Meth are really serious charges in New Orleans, Louisiana. Cases like this are not usually settled without the legal procedures in a law court. Cases of creation of Methamphetamine lab and also the manufacturing of Methamphetamine are usually sanctioned with a prison sentence ranging from 5-15 years imprisonment. And when such cases arise, you would definitely need the help of an attorney in handling such a case in court. A criminal defense attorney New Orleans is the right choice for you. A highly experienced attorney that can handle this kind of charge no matter the degree and also other similar charges that are critical and relating to Methamphetamine. We are not going to take your time and bug you with unnecessary information butch rather enlighten you on how you can get your cases defended in a legal and generally accepted way.
Meth lab can be defined as any lab used in the creation and operation of Methamphetamines. You can easily identify a Meth lab through observation of the following:
By perceiving strange odors like a chemical smell. An example is the urine of a cat, an acetone odor, an ether odor, and an odor as strong as ammonia.
In some cases, you might see covered windows or windows that are blacked out.
You could also observe high traffic occurring at extremely late hours.
You may discover visitors frequents and don’t last for longer hours.
The Manufacturing and Operation of Any Sort of Clandestine Laboratory for Production of Illegally or Controlled Dangerous Substance
The act of creating and operating any sort of Clandestine Laboratory foe the production of illegally or controlled dangerous substance is known to be any of the outline’s definitions below;
1. The act of purchasing, distributing, selling or being in the possession of materials, supplies, mixtures, equipment, compounds, or any form of structure with the bad intention of using them for the creation of illegal and controlled dangerous substances.
2. The involvement in trafficking or any preparation of trafficking of any material, equipment, supplies, company, mixture, with the negative motive of using these form of materials, mixtures, compounds, supplies, preparation or equipment for the illegal creation or production of any federally or state-controlled dangerous substance.
3. The act of delivering any form or material, equipment, supplies, mixture, product or brand or product to any location for the use of manufacturing and creation of illegal and controlled dangerous substance.
4.The illegal disposal of any compound material, supplies, mixture, equipment, preparation, product of any kind or a bypass product being used in an unlawful way to create or produce controlled dangerous substances.
Federal Laws Against the Creation and Operation of Meth Lab
There are lots of federal laws and also state laws as well that condemns the act of manufacturing Methamphetamine. These laws guide the society by sanctioning those that disobey and bypass the law. The fight against Meth has recently become a top priority for the federal government. And this has taken them further to outlining laws that will govern the illegal creation and operation of Meth lab. The passing of the Methamphetamine act was passed about three decades ago.
• Demands some kind of inter-agency task force to build and layout prevention methods, strategies for the treatment of Meth and proper education.
• Ensures that the penalties are increased for possessing equipment used in the manufacturing and creation of various controlled substances and for the trafficking in some chemicals of precursor.
• Coordination of international drug enforcement efforts by the attorney for the interdiction of such kind of chemicals.
• Permits that Methamphetamine precursors can undergo domestic seizures and forfeiture. An example is pseudoephedrine.
There are also state laws that govern the creation and operation of a Meth Lab. But these laws and sanctions vary in different states. They vary either by years in prison or by the amount of fine to be paid.
However, you should note that most states have begun the regulation of the sale that involves over the counter sale drugs or any form of medication that contains pseudoephedrine. This regulation means that the amount of any pseudoephedrine contained substance or drug that you can be able to sell is limited. And thereby wrongly possessing any form of these items is a criminal act which is punishable by law.
I Am Being Charged with Meth Lab, Do I Need A Lawyer?
This is a great question to ask when you’re in such a situation. The answer to this question is definitely positive. Being charged with a case like Meth lab creation or operation, the first and immediate step you need to take is by hiring a criminal defense attorney to handle the case. You cannot handle such cases by yourself so you definitely need an attorney. You need an attorney that is experienced and can handle this case properly. Criminal Lawyer New Orleans is the right choice for such circumstance. Your case would be handled with the best of experience. You shouldn’t feel nervous about explaining the degree of your Meth lab offense. We are always here at New Orleans, Louisiana to support our clients and give them the best support and defense required. Barkemeyer Law Firm is a good and reliable criminal defense attorney for cases involving a Meth lab or any similar case. The main importance of hiring an attorney to handle your case is that, with the assistance of an attorney that’s experienced, your case could be ruled in your favor. This is trying to say that you could get smaller prison sentences if your attorney defends well or you can pay lesser fine amounts. Hiring a Criminal defense attorney in New Orleans, Louisiana like Lawyer New Orleans would be a very great idea because, at the Barkemeyer law firm, they have experienced lawyers that have handled such cases in the past and would also be ready to serve you in your case.
Creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory for the unlawful manufacture of a controlled dangerous substance; definition
A. Creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory for the unlawful manufacture of a controlled dangerous substance is any of the following:
(1) The purchase, sale, distribution, or possession of any material, compound, mixture, preparation, supplies, equipment, or structure with the intent that it be used for the unlawful manufacture of a controlled dangerous substance.
(2) The transportation or arranging for the transportation of any material, compound, mixture, preparation, supplies, or equipment with the intent that such material, compound, mixture, preparation, supplies, or equipment be used for the unlawful manufacture of a controlled dangerous substance.
(3) The distribution of any material, compound, mixture, preparation, equipment, supplies, or products, which material, compound, mixture, preparation, equipment, supplies, or products have been used in, or produced by, the unlawful manufacture of a controlled dangerous substance.
(4) The disposal of any material, compound, mixture, preparation, equipment, supplies, products, or byproducts, which material, compound, mixture, preparation, equipment, supplies, products, or byproducts have been used in, or produced by, the unlawful manufacture of a controlled dangerous substance.
Contact a New Orleans, Louisiana Methamphetamine Lab Defense Lawyer at 504-226-2299.
422 S. Broad Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119
More Information on Drug Charges in Louisiana:
CONTACT ONE OF OUR LOUISIANA OFFICE LOCATIONS
Louisiana Criminal Lawyers
Louisiana criminal lawyers and DWI attorneys at the Barkemeyer Law Firm providing legal defense services for clients in New Orleans, Metairie, Kenner, Gretna, Hahnville, Belle Chasse, St. Bernard, Slidell, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. John, Laplace, Mandeville, Covington, Shreveport, Bossier, and Jefferson.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is not formal legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.