Criminal Attorneys & DWI Lawyers in Covington, New Orleans, and Shreveport Louisiana
Disturbing the Peace Lawyer in Covington, Louisiana
Have you or your loved one been charged with Disturbing the Peace charges? If yes, you would want to read this legal piece and know 5 Important Things about this crime.
Definition of Disturbing the Peace in Louisiana – La. RS 14:103
A. Disturbing the peace is the doing of any of the following in such manner as would foreseeably disturb or alarm the public:
(1) Engaging in a fistic encounter; or
(2) Addressing any offensive, derisive, or annoying words to any other person who is lawfully in any street, or other public place; or call him by any offensive or derisive name, or make any noise or exclamation in his presence and hearing with the intent to deride, offend, or annoy him, or to prevent him from pursuing his lawful business, occupation, or duty; or
(3) Appearing in an intoxicated condition; or
(4) Engaging in any act in a violent and tumultuous manner by any three or more persons; or
(5) Holding of an unlawful assembly; or
(6) Interruption of any lawful assembly of people; or
(7) Intentionally engaging in any act or any utterance, gesture, or display designed to disrupt a funeral, funeral route, or burial of a deceased person during the period beginning one hundred twenty minutes before and ending one hundred twenty minutes after the funeral or burial, within three hundred feet of the funeral or burial
(8)(a) Intentionally blocking, impeding, inhibiting, or in any other manner obstructing or interfering with a funeral route.
(b) Intentionally blocking, impeding, inhibiting, or in any other manner obstructing or interfering, within five hundred feet, with access into or from any building or parking lot of a building in which a funeral or burial is being conducted, or any burial plot or the parking lot of the cemetery in which a funeral or burial is being conducted, during the period beginning one hundred twenty minutes before and ending one hundred twenty minutes after the funeral or burial.
What Has to Be Proven before you or your loved one is Prosecuted, Sent to Prison, or Penalized
The following must be proven before you or your loved one is penalized;
A person commits the crime of disturbing the peace in Louisiana by:
- Being in a Public Fight.
- Calling someone a name publicly is annoying or offensive.
- Looking publicly intoxicated by alcohol.
- Participating in a riot with three or more people.
- Being in an assembly is unlawful.
- Interrupting a lawful group.
- Disrupting a funeral or memorial service.
Penalties for Disturbing the Peace in Covington, Louisiana
If you are convicted of disturbing the peace in Covington, you could be sentenced up to 90 days in parish jail and/or pay a fine of one hundred dollars. If the disturbing the peace occurs at a funeral, the penalties get worse.
Defenses to Disturbing the Peace
Depending on the alleged facts that may support this crime, there might be factual or great legal defenses you might not have thought of, but the Barkemeyer Law Firm would tell you about them almost immediately. If you believe your case is the worst-case scenario and you are tempted to give up and plead guilty, hire the Barkemeyer Law Firm to work out a deal with the prosecutor to minimize the damage. The Barkemeyer Law firm would help in the development of solid defenses which would apply to your Disturbing the Peace charge in Covington. The Barkemeyer Law Firm would diligently work as hard as possible to protect and guard you all through till your charge of this crime is a thing of the past.
All you need to know about the Barkemeyer Law Firm
If you are charged with this crime, you need to prepare yourself with a defense that is as effective as ever. When it comes to getting defenses for this crime, having criminal attorneys like at the Barkemeyer Law Firm would help grant you a positive difference in your case’s outcome. You could be innocent of the charges placed against you or you may have a bad case. Either way, we can help.
The Barkemeyer Law firm is a skilled Louisiana criminal law firm. We carefully analyze and examine the unique aspects of every case and realize the most efficient and effective options which could be used legally.
Using litigation and fierce negotiation skills, the Barkemeyer Law firm has earned the respect of the legal community in Louisiana for dozens of years of actively defending their clients. The Barkemeyer Law Firm would fight to reduce and eliminate penalties or charges using negotiation during prosecution. The Barkemeyer Law Firm also has the experience and skills to grant efficient defense before either a jury or a judge.
If you or a loved one of yours is facing this a disturbing the peace charge in Covington, Louisiana, getting yourself an attorney that is appropriately versed in these crime laws is exceptionally essential to your future and your freedom.
It is wrong to go through a criminal charge without having the best criminal defense attorney. You and your loved ones would help yourselves when you get a licensed Louisiana defense attorney to guide you through your criminal case. The Barkemeyer Law Firm would help make sure your case is investigated and appropriately monitored. If you ever need a criminal defense attorney in Covington, Louisiana, the Barkemeyer Law Firm is the one to call. You would enjoy deep and solid knowledge of your criminal case. It would be best if you tried not to delay before you make a call.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH OUR DWI LAWYERS!
Louisiana DWI & Criminal Lawyers
Louisiana criminal lawyers and DWI attorneys at the Barkemeyer Law Firm providing legal defense services for clients in New Orleans, Metairie, Kenner, Gretna, Hahnville, Belle Chasse, St. Bernard, Slidell, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. John, Laplace, Mandeville, Covington, Shreveport, Bossier, and Jefferson.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is not formal legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.