When it comes to handling Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) cases, the best option would be to hire the services of a well-trained and experienced criminal defense attorney that is capable of ensuring that the situation is overturned as fast as possible. Unlike what most people would tell you, DWI cases are not that simple and that is why your defense should be aggressive as well. To enable you to fight for your freedom and right, you would need to hire the services of an aggressive DWI attorney.
If you happen to get caught in a DWI case, the legal obligations, consequences, as well as the monetary parts, will definitely be challenging to you. If care is not taken, you could end up paying a huge amount of money for fines. This could leave you penniless and unable to cater to the needs of your loved ones. One of the very first things you would have to do would be to hire the services of a knowledgeable and well-trained Lafourche DWI attorney that is capable of handling the case for you.
Those in the Lafourche Parish in Thibodaux, Louisiana would find it interesting to know that Barkemeyer Law Firm has been established to help them out with all their DWI cases. Mr. Barkemeyer is one of the few Louisiana DWI lawyers when it comes to the handling of DWI cases in the entire state. When it comes to DWI cases, one thing you have to remember is that it could greatly affect your livelihood. Also, the reputation you have tried to gain and maintain would be thrown in the mud if you do not act fast to have this situation overturned in your favor. You and your loved ones deserve protection and that is why Barkemeyer Law Firm has been established.
One of the worse things that can happen to anyone would be to spend time in jail. Irrespective of how short the time is, it will definitely take a toll on your perfect track record. It will also kill and bury any chances of you getting that promotion or that job you’ve always wanted. The severity of a DWI case is why you need to take decisive steps to ensure that your name and that of your loved ones are protected. You need to hire the services of a professional and experienced DWI defense attorney that would stand behind you. At Barkemeyer Law Firm, we pride ourselves as being one of the DWI-focused law firms in the state when it comes to handling DWI cases.
DWI Penalties in Lafourche Parish
Even if this is your first time as a DWI offender, there are stated penalties that could be meted out to you. These penalties include;
You may be asked to pay hefty fines. Most of the times, these fines could range from $300 to over $1000. The amount you will be asked to pay would depend on how severe your case is.
You could end up serving jail time. For a DWI case, the minimum jail time you could serve is 24 hours while the maximum is thirty years. Those in the Lafourche Parish should bear in mind that irrespective of the time spent in jail, it would definitely have a negative effect on their personal life.
- You could have your driver’s license suspended for over two years.
- You may be asked to serve mandatory community service for about 40 hours or more. For each DWI case you are involved in, it would be recorded on the Federal database.
- You would be asked to pay for license reinstatement fees which could also be high depending on certain factors.
- It is important that you remember that DWI is an enhanced offense which basically means that the punishment meted out to you would increase with every offense or law you default. Some of the other punishments you may end up serving would include;
- installing an ignition interlock in your car which you would have to pay for
- You could be asked to visit a substance abuse program before you are allowed to drive
- Or even a MADD victim program all at your expense
If you cannot to afford to suffer these punishments, then the most important step you would have to take would be to hire the services of a DWI defense attorney. Things could get worse if you happen to be a repeat offender. You could end up serving jail time for about 30 years or more.
You Have Options
While most people have been left to believe that pleading guilty is the only option they have when they are involved in a DWI case, you will be surprised to find out that there are a number of options that are open to you. These options include;
- You have the option to challenge the Breathalyzer or field sobriety tests that have been carried out.
- You have the option to fight or challenge an illegal search that has been conducted
- You have the option to take the 894 plea to ensure that your conviction is kept off your record.
- You have the option to have the DWI charge reduced to “wet reckless”.
Unless you hire the services of a professional and well-trained DWI defense attorney you would not know the options that are open for you. It is important that you allow Barkemeyer Law Firm to help you out.
Get the Focused DWI Attorney in Lafourche Parish, Thibodaux Louisiana
While we have mentioned some of the penalties that could be meted out to you if you do not hire the services of a professional and well-trained DWI attorney, you will find it interesting to know that Barkemeyer Law Firm has been established for this reason. We have a team of well-trained, experienced, and skilled Thibodaux DWI attorneys that have devised courtroom techniques and tactics that would ensure that the odds are tipped in your favor. Our DWI attorneys would do everything within their means to ensure that you walk away free without having to face any of these penalties.
What are you waiting for? Contact our Thibodaux DWI lawyers now through any of our communication channels and we would immediately plead to have the suspension placed on your license lifted.